With the Holidays in full swing, Christmas parties and goodies seem to be around every corner! Don’t let this season de-rail all of the hard work you’ve done reaching your weight-loss and health goals on Dynamite’s 180 program.
From planning ahead to starting new traditions, here are some tips to help you stay on track and to inspire other ideas for a fun and healthy Holiday season.
1. Eat before you attend Christmas parties—If you are satisfied before you get there it will be a lot easier to turn down the cheese platter
2. Enlist an accountability partner—Having a friend who will hold you accountable is crucial especially during the holidays. Letting them know you’re heading to a party and that you aren’t going to cheat and ask them to follow up with you the next day to make sure you’ve stuck to the goal.
3. Food on the go—Running around Christmas shopping? Make sure to pack a protocol lunch, an apple or some Mega Botanicals to ensure you don’t end up mid-shopping trip and starving! Planning ahead and having healthy food at your fingertips can help defeat the urge cheat because of a busy schedule.
4. Tea Time—Brewing a cup of herbal tea, especially spiced blends can help satisfy your hunger or sweet tooth and also helps you drink more water! There are some fun holiday tea blends such as Gingerbread Spice that almost taste like you’re drinking a cookie.
5. Healthy Hostess—Hosting your own Holiday party can be a fun way to share the gift of health this season by preparing protocol friendly foods! Not only will this ensure you’re staying on protocol yourself but it shows others delicious ways to eat healthy! Asian Lettuce Wraps are a great example of a tasty party appetizer/main dish.
6. Baking Party—Instead of baking towers of fudge and frosting cookies, start a new tradition of gifting an alternative to sweets such as Zucchini Chips with homemade salsa.
Looking for some extra incentive to lose weight this holiday season? Rally a team together and join Dynamite’s Winter Weight Loss 180 Challenge! Details here.