Chef John Berryhill gave a cooking demonstration at Dynamite’s 2012 Spring Conference in Boise. He shared his secrets on how to cook with flavor while you’re on the Dynamite 180™ Protocol. These recipes, along with the 180 drops, will help people across the US break their addictions to unhealthy food and lose weight! To learn more about Dynamite 180 click here.
Make sure to check out his notes at the bottom of this article on “Cooking with Flavor for 180 Approved Foods”
- BUTTERLEAF SALAD w/apple, tomato and red onion tossed with a light smoothie dressing
- SHRIMP, YELLOW ONION, MUSHROOM AND CHARD SAUTE w/garlic, salt and pepper
- PAN SEARED TILAPIA and fruit chutney over a bed of wilted greens
- GRILLED PORK TENDERLOIN w/fresh herbs over shaved fennel w/garlic-orange dressing
- EGG + WHITE OMELETTE w/spinach, capers and pepperoncinis
You decide how much or little of each items based on how many you’re cooking for and just your personal tastes
BUTTERLEAF SALAD with BERRY SMOOTHIE DRESSING
Salad Ingredients: butterleaf lettuce, tomato, red onion, and apple
Using a food processor or blender, blend together fresh ginger, blackberries, a splash of Super ACV, and cucumber water. Mix salad ingredients in a bowl and toss with dressing then plate and serve.
SHRIMP, YELLOW ONION, MUSHROOM & CHARD SAUTE
Shrimp – medium, 6 per person
NTM Salt and pepper
Parsley for garnish
Heat wok. Spritz wok with cucumber water, add onions and saute to color. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper, then shrimp. When shrimp turn, add in chard and garlic, then plate. Garnish w/chopped parsley and serve.
PAN SEARED TILAPIA OVER WILTED GREENS & FRUIT CHUTNEY
Leafy greens like spinach or swiss chard
Sauté apple, pineapple, orange and red onion with flavored water with splash Super ACV [add water when needed throughout] then add a pinch or two of Stevia then finally blueberries. Let chutney set covered in refrigerator for up to 2 hours.
Heat non-stick pan, salt and pepper tilapia then sear both sides w/cucumber water spritz. Just before tilapia is done, add greens, salt and pepper to taste and let wilt in a pan w/cucumber water spritz.
Plate wilted greens, top with tilapia then chutney, garnish w/chopped parsley and serve.
PORK TENDERLOIN and FRESH HERBS over FENNEL with GARLiC-ORANGE dressing
Blend together juice and flesh of 2 oranges, champagne vinegar, fresh garlic, salt and pepper then transfer to bowl. Shave or thinly slice fennel bulb then submerge in dressing bowl.
Salt and PepperWhisk 1 egg and 3 egg whites in a bowl w/ salt and pepper. Heat non-stick pan to medium then add in chopped pepperocinis, chopped spinach and capers w/cucumber water spritzer. Saute for a few minutes then lower heat and add eggs. Once the bottom of omelette is done, carefully turn over half way then continue to cook a few more minutes till done. Plate omelette then garnish with fresh cilantro and serve.
Cooking with Flavor for 180 Approved Foods
by John Berryhill, chef-owner John Berryhill Restaurants
Choose foods that compliment each other in a dish. A dish should have TEXTURE, FLAVOR PROFILE, SMELL AND COLOR.
- Infuse water with flavor for cooking using cucumbers or citrus fruits
- Onions, capers, pepperoncinis, mushrooms, fennel can pack huge flavors
- Spinach, cucumber, greens, asparagus, tomato give great color
- Celery, radish, cabbage, sprouts can offer differing textures. Dynamite NTM Salt [or chef’s salt] & fresh ground pepper draw flavor from any food. The right amounts and when to apply is key.
- Make a smoothie then add whey protein for a delicious breakfast shake
- Use a juicer
- Dynamite Super ACV goes a long way on flavor
- Champagne vinegar is a little lighter
- Render any fat from an approved protein [beef] then use it to cook with
- Make a stock from approved proteins/vegetables
- Make a chutney using fruits, onion, Super ACV and stevia
- Using a wok provides an easy and quick option for stove top cooking
- Use a squeeze bottle w/flavored waters, Super ACV or champagne vinegar to add flavor and cook with instead of oil.
- An outdoor grill or grill pan can provide additional flavor and texture. Make sure grill tines are hot.
- Caramelize but don’t overcook.
To read more about the Dynamite 180 program click here.